When it comes to domestic violence, knowledge is power. It can save someone’s life. Request a speaker today!
When Safe Haven first opened its doors, it understood the importance of community education. While safe housing and effective intervention by police and courts is the first step any community must make to protect battered women, it is a limited strategy for long-term solutions to battering.
Safe Haven provides comprehensive community education on domestic violence at no charge to:
- Community groups
- Civic organizations
- K-12 students
- College students
- Professional groups
- Healthcare providers
Educational presentations are tailored to the needs and interests of the audience.
Examples of topics include:
- Domestic violence 101
- Teen Dating Violence
- LGBTQAI+ domestic violence
- Safe Haven’s programs and services
- How to recognize & respond to abusive relationships
- Community response to domestic violence
- Medical response to domestic violence
- Violence in the workplace
- Abuse prevention & response for parents and childcare providers
- Sexism and gender violence
- Battered women’s movement
- Healthy relationships & Equality