When’s the last time you saved someone’s life?
1 in 4 women are victims of domestic violence. This could be your sister, friend, neighbor or even you. By volunteering you can help end this tragedy. One person can make a difference.
In an effort to educate the public on the issues of domestic violence and to enhance the services we provide, Safe Haven Shelter recruits and trains volunteers to work in all program areas.
Each month we have a “Volunteer of the Month.” These volunteers are dedicated and we wouldn’t have the organization that we do without them!
“My favorite part about being an On-Call Advocate Volunteer is witnessing the strength of survivors, and being part of a communal effort to end gender violence.”
Volunteer Positions – Shelter
Volunteer Positions – Resource Center
General Volunteer Opportunities
- Administration – become a board member to help develop shelter policy, procedure, and regulations
- Fundraising – lead an innovative fundraising model and assist with its execution
- Hair Stylist – utilize our in-house salon room to cut, color, and style hair for the clients
- Massage Therapist – utilize our in-house massage table to practice your particular form of this extremely benefitial body/mind therapy
- Helping Professionals – share your skill and expertise to help women achieve independence and stability