When’s the last time you saved someone’s life?
1 in 4 women are victims of domestic violence. This could be your sister, friend, neighbor or even you. By volunteering you can help end this tragedy. One person can make a difference.
In an effort to educate the public on the issues of domestic violence and to enhance the services we provide, Safe Haven Shelter recruits and trains volunteers to work in all program areas.
Each month we have a “Volunteer of the Month.” These volunteers are dedicated and we wouldn’t have the organization that we do without them!
United Way’s Volunteer of the Year – and Safe Haven’s Own – Adeline!
Adeline, a volunteer since 2010, has dedicated over 540 hours of childcare in the evenings at the Resource Center. Adeline treats every child with respect in a nurturing environment. At the end of every evening with Adeline the children are happy and engaged. They have spent their time in a nurturing, warm and supportive environment. We can not measure the true impact of Adeline’s volunteer time with our organization. Adeline’s passion for our mission and the work we do with children is priceless and irreplaceable. We wouldn’t be able to provide the services to our mother’s and/or their children without such a selfless volunteer like Adeline.
Volunteer Positions – Shelter
Volunteer Positions – Resource Center
General Volunteer Opportunities
- Administration – become a board member to help develop shelter policy, procedure, and regulations
- Fundraising – lead an innovative fundraising model and assist with its execution
- Hair Stylist – utilize our in-house salon room to cut, color, and style hair for the clients
- Massage Therapist – utilize our in-house massage table to practice your particular form of this extremely beneficial body/mind therapy
- Helping Professionals – share your skill and expertise to help women achieve independence and stability